02 August 2005

chartreuse

I am biking quite a bit, on my maroon bike. It is wonderful to get out of town, to spend an entire day meandering up and down the coast. I forgot my camera on my last ride, which is probably just as well, since I got roundly caught by a thunderstorm. I caught the wheel of an older gent, going by his silver sideburns. He sped along, pulling me with him, as we tried to out-run the storm. We failed, in our attempt, but it was a good race. Through the trees to my right, I caught a glimpse of purple heather and chartreuse--too quick, really, to take it all in. But the image remains--the dappled light emerging from behind storm clouds, filtering through the trees lining the banks of the river and catching the bright oil-slick green of the moss against the purple heather. Fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home